Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I suck at updating this everyday. To be fair, I have been writing. Just nothing creative. So much of my day is spent writing. My stuff is on Livestrong, eHow, Answerbag, The Daily Puppy, Garden Guides..

Click on the links to see just a few examples. Google my pen name for more. I write all day, everyday. And I get paid to do it. And I'm cool with that.

I don't often write under my own name when it comes to my job, because one wrong edit and the information could be deadly. I'm aiming for a career in animal health. I don't want a mis-type to come back to bite me in the ass. Hence the pen name.

Sometimes I do write under my own name. This article on the difference between polygamy, bigamy and polyamory is one example of that. When I write under my own name, they're usually editorial pieces. Or local interest stories, like the one about the photography studio and gallery I call my "safe haven." I'll even throw up a piece on the local Humane Society every now and then. I also write for the local Humane Society's blog.

My writing is all over the internet. It's just kind of scattered. The subject matter is scattered too. I have a few other gigs that I'm not comfortable relaying. I write every day - just not for pleasure. And that's the problem.

I've started contemplating entering the Hollis Summers Poetry Prize contest from Ohio University. They're local, and I've got about 3/4 of the poetry needed to enter. I just wish they would be a little more specific on how they would like the poetry manuscripts formatted. One per page? What about the tiny ones? What about this? That? Everything else? I need to write some more. Edit a lot. Pretend I have a will of iron. I don't submit my creative works for publication - I have enough anxiety as it is. Just ask the 23 dusty manuscripts on my bookshelf how they feel.

So yes, I am writing every day (HINT HINT, to my instructor, Denise! I really am! I promise!). Just not what you would expect.

Please bare with me while I work on this "updating more" thing.

1 comment:

  1. I can SEE how much you're writing! And, by the way, I think you need to submit your creative work. Just saying...

    ReplyDelete