Sunday, March 21, 2010

Channeling Annabel Lee

Nobody sees
The tears of she,
who weeps softly for her love.
Though they may try,
precious few spy
The sorrow of she who mourns.

Come with me,
said to he,
I'll carry you 'neath my heart.
I cannot be yours,
said he whom she mourns,
he who pierces her thoughts.

Deep in the winter,
her thoughts they do splinter
Upon hearing his voice in her head.
Come with me, says the man
taking her hand
and leading her on into dark.

She follows and prays,
for all of her days,
to end with this one final thought.
Love isn't a game,
not meant to cause shame
For those that feel in truth.

Beauty must die
And for this she will cry,
the girl who is gray in her heart.
Hold swift to your love,
and with one final shove,
twist the blade into your flesh.

It isn't the end,
Not for her my friend,
Her memory lives on in pain.
Carry this thought
The heart is not caught
Unless she can give it away.

Under the sky
Filled with love's lost refrain,
Lies the ghost of a beautiful girl

Tucked 'way neath the stars,
Not mine and not ours,
Cries the soul of a girl
had and lost.

Cry not for me,
Said he to the she
As he carried her body to warmth.
I'm not worth your time,
You'll never be mine,
could I change it, I would take it back.

Her eyes slipped aside,
and death could not hide,
a world full of fury and hurt.
I never loved you,
Though I thought were true,
Were the last words whispered
By the ghost of a girl
Who cried 'neath the wintr'y stars.
- Jan 7 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment